Health & Social Care Service Providers
In England care providers are supported by the Care Quality Commission (CQC). They are “the independent regulator of health and social care in England” whose main purpose is to “make sure health and social care services provide people with safe, effective, compassionate, high-quality care and encourage care services to improve”.
The CQC strategy has two core ambitions:
Assessing local systems: Providing independent assurance to the public of the quality of care in their area.
Tackling inequalities in health and care: Pushing for equality of access, experiences and outcomes from health and social care services
The CQC’s role is to register care providers and “monitor, inspect and rate” the services provided
As a care provider, how can I ensure that I am meeting the exacting standards the CQC requires and that my people understand and comply with the legislation and regulations that impact my organisation and the service we deliver?
At Everyday we have developed a solution that can enable care providers to show evidence that their people are following the policies and procedures you have defined to deliver the high-quality of care you are aiming for and that they clearly understand about the care they are expected to give. A care provider can be confident that the service they deliver will meet the requirements asked of them during a CQC inspection.
The solution, EverydayComply, allows you to fully review your organisation’s compliance and legislative requirements throughout. Providing clear results allowing you to solve problem areas before the quality of your care is affected.
These results provide detailed information to share with the CQC both on what steps you are taking and the improvements your organisation is able to make as a result
EverydayComply allows you to get a complete understanding of the competence of your employees and organisation as a whole, this results in increasing the standards of the care you provide and making sure everyone within your care faces the same exact, high standards you require
Policies and procedures – Every social care provider has to document and implement a wide range of policies and procedures that apply to their business. These policies have to be unique to your organisation and will depend upon the circumstances and environment in which the provider is required to operate. Many make their policies and procedures available to their employees but few are able to routinely check their employees’ detailed understanding of them. It is this regular assessment of understanding that is vital, not just to protect your organisation and to ensure that it remains compliant to industry and government standards, but more importantly, keeping the organisation, the staff and all of the people in your care safe, secure and receiving the best service possible.
EverydayComply allows you to upload and store all of your policies, procedures and documents on an easily accessible cloud platform. You are able to assign the relevant documents to each of your employees, who are than able to read and accept each document, this is than stored against a time and date within the system
Reading and accepting your policies and procedures is only a small part of the service EverydayComply can provide, and that your customers deserve. With EverydayComply you are able to easily and quickly create detailed question banks to assess your employees’ understanding of what they need to know. These assessments can then be assigned throughout your organisation enabling you to build a database of detailed results that give you a clear indication of any gaps that may exist in your employees knowledge. This allows you to spot and fix any potential problems before they occur, highlight any short falls within your training and keep your people, even when working remotely, up to date with updates to care practices. The solution assessments are designed to be regularly taken to allow for constant training and can demonstrate a clear indication of improvement throughout your organisation. Finally you have clear concise results to show your senior management and governing body. These results show an active desire to improve and maintain your organisation’s compliance duties
EverydayComply Assessment benefits
- General risk management – Identify areas that could put your organisation and your employees at risk and solve these potential problem areas before they have an adverse effect on the business
- Provides detailed evidence demonstrating that your staff are fully aware of their responsibilities in the event of any legislative challenges to the organisation
- Ensure that every member of your staff understand their responsibilities, both legal and commercial
- Identify problem areas where extra training may be required
- Improve quality and effectiveness of any training given
- Look for patterns in results across your entire organisation, high-lighting potential risk areas
- Record historical records for all assessments taken
- Build a history of empirical data, an individual cannot claim to not understand or know something when he/she has documented their understanding on a number of separate assessments – protecting your organisation as a whole
- Seek patterns in an individual or team – Are the same team failing the assessments in the same area of knowledge? – Are there gaps in your policies or procedures or training that need to be addressed to compensate for these failings? – Is there a management issue to address?
- Record trends against an individual or team – Identify problems before they happen allowing you to improve and protect your organisation as a whole
- Help management at every level of your organisation keep their team and employees safe and secure